Use of Tilson Broadband and related services (Services) is subject to this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Tilson Broadband functions as a common carrier; our standard policy is to not monitor or interrupt our users' activities, exert editorial control over their content, or censor them or their content. In certain circumstances exceptions to this approach, including, but not limited to those outlined in this AUP, are necessary to protect the interests of Tilson Broadband and the best interests of our customers. In addition to complying with our Terms of Service, you agree not to use or Tilson Broadband Services or allow third parties to use the Services provided to you for any of the following purposes:
1) To use any Tilson Broadband equipment for anything other than its intended purpose.
2) To violate or encourage the violation of the legal rights of others.
3) For any unlawful, invasive, harassing, infringing, defamatory, or fraudulent purpose.
4) To intentionally distribute viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or other items of a destructive or deceptive nature.
5) To operate servers for commercial purposes. However, personal, non-commercial use of servers that comply with this AUP is acceptable, including using virtual private networks (VPN) to access services in your home and using hardware or applications that include server capabilities for uses like multi-player gaming, video-conferencing, and home security.
6) To generate or facilitate sending unsolicited bulk commercial email via the Services.
7) To make the Services available to anyone outside the property to which the Services are delivered, to resell the Services directly or indirectly, except as explicitly approved by Tilson Broadband in writing, or to create substitute or related services through the use of or access to the Services (for example, to provide Wi-Fi services to third parties outside of your residence).
8) To interfere with the use of the Services or the equipment used to provide the Services by customers or other authorized users, or any other network, system or service.
9) To alter, disable, interfere with, or circumvent any aspect of the Services, including but not limited to security features of the Services.
Your failure to comply with the AUP may result in suspension and/or termination of some or all of the Services. Tilson Broadband may also hold you responsible for any damage caused by actions that violate this AUP and will report any criminal activity that it becomes aware of to appropriate authorities. Tilson Broadband is committed to online safety for minors and complies with all applicable laws related to protecting minors online. This includes reporting cases of child abuse or exploitation to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. You can access additional information about minors’ online safety by visiting www.ncmec.org.
If you are using the Services in a residence or other location you do not own or control (such as a hospital, hotel, etc.), you may have agreements related to the Services with property owners, managers, or other third parties outside these Terms; Tilson Broadband is not a party to such agreements and therefore is not responsible for nor bound by such agreements.
Any complaints regarding violation of this AUP by a Customer of Tilson Broadband should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where possible, include details that would assist Tilson Broadband in investigating and resolving such complaint (e.g. expanded headers, IP address(s), a copy of the offending transmission and any log files).
Tilson Broadband is registered under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. If you believe that material available through our Services has infringed your intellectual property rights, you may file a complaint of such claimed infringement with our designated agent.